PRIVATE SCHOOLS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION [K]
“Empowering Teachers of Private Schools”
P.O.BOX 6959-00300, NAIROBI, KENYA. TEL: +254 716 805 480 | +254 795 363 521
OFFICE: UTAWALA, OFF EASTERN BY-PASS Rd, CAPITAL HILL
- To be the National representative body and voice of all Teachers in private schools.
- Liaise with Ministry of Education to ensure that teachers in private schools are engaged in policies related to Education.
- Liaise with TSC and County Governments to be referring our member teachers for government teaching jobs.
- Maintaining and promoting better education in Kenya.
- Ensuring that teachers in private schools also benefit from forums provided to teachers in public schools.
- Ensuring that teachers in private schools also enjoy mandatory benefits from their employers such as NHIF and NSSF.
- Organizing Seminars, Training’s, Career Coaching Programs, Mentoring Programs, and leadership skills to our members.
- Establishing County Representative branches across the country.
- Forming a Sacco for teachers in private schools to better their lives.
- Ensuring that we keep a good code of conduct for our teachers in private schools to follow.
- Helping teachers who are been exploited, intimidated and victimized by their employers.
- Keeping a good data base for all teachers of private schools in Kenya.
- Private schools teachers reference Bureau, where we keep clear records of Private schools.
- Teachers so that an employer can inquire about his/her new employee conduct in previous institutions.
- Negotiating for teachers to get affordable group covers that will benefit them.
- Providing legal aid for members if necessary.
- Teacher listings and placements.
- Providing members with any changes or upcoming events involving education.
The membership for the association is Ksh 500/- Payable once, and a monthly Subscription Ksh 200/-
- Should be a teachers teaching in any private school in Kenya.
- Should have acquired or applied for TSC number.
- Should observe and keep good morals towards their employers.
- Should follow the rules of the associations.